Created: 02 April 2015
Should I have my Air Conditioning System Serviced before hot weather arrives?
Some AC Maintenance things you can do:
- Clean debris out from around the Air Conditioner. Over the winter, leaves, limbs, sticks and trash may be collecting around your AC or Heat Pump. Clear out around the unit.
- Look down in the unit below the fan. If you see a collection of debris, it should be removed. If you are comfortable with turning off the power and taking the fan off to get to this area, do it yourself. If not, call us.
- Rinse the outdoor coil with water. Turn off the power before you do this. Be careful not to damage the soft aluminum fins on the coil.
- Check and/or change the air filters inside.
- Turn on the power and Startup up the Air Conditioning System from the thermostat.
- Look and Listen for signs of problems. If you see or hear anything unusual, call Foothills Mechanical Service at 865-856-0030 for help.
For all your HVAC needs, Call us today!
865-856-0030 (Blount, Knox, Loudon, Sevier, Monroe Counties)